The WooCommerce Conference exists to help store owners and developers learn, develop, and grow. It is also a conference dedicated to assisting participants from all walks of life, backgrounds, levels of experience, and regions of the world connect with others in a safe environment.
To this end, we seek to make WooConf a welcoming space for all, regardless of their ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion, and level of knowledge. This means we will not tolerate the following:
- Harassment of any kind (whether verbal, physical, or sexual)
- Inappropriate remarks and/or hate speech based on gender, sexual orientation, etc.
- Stalking or following
- Unwanted photography or video (if possible, please ask permission before photographing an individual)
- Inappropriate images — if you wouldn’t show your grandma, don’t show us
All WooConf participants, including attendees, speakers, sponsors, and volunteers, are subject to these ground rules. Anyone who violates the WooConf CoC will be subject to consequences up to and including removal from the event venue.
WHAT HAPPENS IF A VIOLATION OCCURS
If a violation of the CoC is reported to a WooConf volunteer, the participant may be:
- Reminded of the code of conduct and its agreed upon terms,
- Given a verbal warning, and/or
- Asked to leave the event venue immediately.
- Reactions will be based on both the severity of the violation and the level of comfort with which the participant(s) who reported the violation have with the participant remaining at WooConf.
Participants who are asked to leave due to a CoC violation are not entitled to a warning or refund.
HOW TO REPORT A CODE OF CONDUCT VIOLATION
If you or anyone else encounter or witness a violation, please report to the registration desk and inform a WooConf volunteer. Violations will be kept 100% anonymous. We are committed to your privacy and safety in this matter.
If you wish or feel safer via text, you may also report a violation on Twitter @WooConf (via mention or DM).
In the highly unlikely event that a serious violation occurs, WooConf volunteers will immediately call local law enforcement on your behalf.
If you have questions about this document, please contact us at email@example.com or via Twitter @WooConf.