Andy Sernovitz teaches word of mouth marketing and social media. He is the New York Times bestselling author of Word of Mouth Marketing: How Smart Companies Get People Talking. He leads SocialMedia.org, the community for social media leaders at the world’s greatest brands, and WordofMouth.org, where marketers and entrepreneurs learn to be great at word of mouth marketing.
Word of Mouth Marketing: 5 Simple Steps
You want more people to talk about you — but how do you create a word of mouth marketing campaign? In this popular talk, you’ll learn how to energize your fans and generate positive word of mouth about your brand.
We’re going to get specific here: Where to start, what to do, and how to make it successful. Guess what? It’s common-sense stuff that you can use the next day without a big budget. You’ll learn how to:
• Find the right people to talk about you (influencers and evangelists)
• Give them something to talk about (viral content and buzz)
• Create tools to make it easier for them to spread the word (social media and offline)
• Participate in the conversation
• Track and measure the results